Call the Best,
Flush the Rest
Our team is here to answer your questions. Contact us today at 562-417-3215 or complete the form below.
Long Beach Professional Drain Cleaning
Removing the Toughest Drain Clogs in LA, Orange, & Riverside County
Any home or business owner experiences drainage problems from time to time. Even if you perform regular maintenance and take great care of your pipes and drains, sometimes clogs still form. Call GM Plumbing 24/7 for fast, professional drain cleaning in Long Beach. Our expert plumbers have many ways to tackle your drainage issues, including plunging, using a drain snake, cleaning pipes manually, or hydro jetting.
If your sink or shower is draining slowly or backing up completely, leaving you with standing pools of dirty water, call our plumbers at for help.
Is Drain Cleaning Possible to DIY?
There are some drain clogs that you can fix on your own. With the right methods and tools, you can attempt to remove the clog before calling a professional. One simple method that may help your drains is gradually pouring boiling water down your drain. This is a good idea to do regularly, once a week or once a month, to keep your pipes clean. Do not use this method if you have PVC pipes, which can melt due to the heat. If this doesn’t work, you can try pouring a mixture of vinegar and baking soda into your drain.
Types of Drain Clogs
There are several types of drains, all which may eventually become clogged, including:
- Kitchen drains – The kitchen is the most common location for clogged sinks. Kitchen sinks can easily become blocked if you overload them with certain types of food that don’t break down easily. These include raw or cooked meat, bacon grease, high-fiber foods, high-starch foods, and coffee grounds. If plunging the drain does not dislodge the clog, your pipes may need to be disassembled and cleaned manually. The issue could also be resolved with a manual or electric drain snake.
- Clogged shower drains – A clogged shower is an inconvenient problem, since showers tend to get used every day, sometimes multiple times a day. Shower clogs can be caused by buildups of hair, soap scum, and grease, and even sometimes the minerals in your water. If the problem is a clump of hair, these can often be pulled out by hand. A plumber can unclog a shower in several ways, including using a drain snake to hook onto debris deep inside the pipe and manually remove it.
- Clogged toilets – Toilet pipes are narrower than most people expect, and whenever anything enters them that they’re not designed to handle, clogs are very likely. Causes of toilet clogs include wads of toilet paper and odd items such as toys and tampons. Most toilet clogs can be cleared by using a plunger, which every homeowner or business owner should keep handy near the bathroom. If this doesn’t work, a plumber can use more advanced methods like an electric or manual auger.
How Do I Know My Drain Needs to Be Cleaned?
Clogged plumbing pipes can range from a minor inconvenience to a major hassle. If dirty water is filling up your sink and failing to drain, this could be due to several causes. Common signs of a clogged drain include:
- Foul Odor – If any foul odor comes from your drain, give it a rinse. If the smell persists, it may be a sign of a clog in your pipes.
- Air Bubbles – If this occurs, there may be a clog that is trapping air in your lines.
- Unexplained Puddles – Unexplained puddles can result from a clog in your drains causing a backup.
- Slow Drains – A slow or stopped drain can be a sign that your line has a clog somewhere and are usually the most common sign of a clogged drain.
Determining what’s causing the drainage issue is the first step in resolving the problem. Once you identify the source of the blockage, you’ll be able to discern the best method of repair.
Schedule Your Long Beach Drain Cleaning Service Today!
Be careful with using chemical cleaners, as they can damage your pipes and don’t usually work on complete clogs. If the job is proving too much for you to handle alone, there’s no shame in calling a professional. The experienced team at GM Plumbing is ready to assist with any drain cleaning service you need.
For fast and effective drain cleaning in Long Beach, call GM Plumbing Corporation at or contact us online.
The GM Plumbing
Our team is committed to your satisfaction. We are bringing decades of experience and knowledge to give provide a lasting solution designed to make your systems function properly. We’re bringing peace of mind to your home and business whenever you need it!
“He was very efficient, friendly, professional and impeccably clean!”
– Joseph C.